1. Jean Rickard cuts the cake
2. Descendants of members of the 1922 Hall Building Committee (pictured from left to right): Brian Jose, grandson of Harry Jose who was a councillor at the time and later a reeve; Don Colwill, grand-son of Albert Amos (A.A.) Colwill, former Reeve of Newcastle; Lynda MacGregor, great granddaughter of George Eilbeck, a furniture maker; and Jean Rickard, who will be celebrating her 100th birthday next month.
3. The Heritage Brass Band recreated the 1922 performance of the Newcastle Music Society Band.
4. Myno Van Dyke recounting the history of the Newcastle Community Hall and the July 1922 laying of the cornerstone.
5. Lions Club of Newcastle served up burgers and hot dogs for lunch. The Canada Day parade featured vintage cars and tractors, a couple of floats, a fire truck, lots of jeeps, a couple of politicians and Thomas the Tank Engine.